Dental bonding is a great way to quickly repair small imperfections on teeth. In a way, bonding is like a simplified version of a veneer or a crown.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is the process of bonding tooth-colored resin to the teeth to mask imperfections. In addition to providing cosmetic relief, bonding can be used to fill cavities. Once the resin has been bonded to the tooth, it is basically permanent. That doesn’t mean that you’ll never have to have it touched up or replaced. It just means that it is very unlikely to fall off or break away.
Dental Bonding Applications
People turn to dental bonding for a variety of reasons. A few of the most common applications are to:
- Fill in a small gap between two teeth
- Repair decayed teeth by filling a cavity with tooth-colored resin
- Change the shape of a tooth
- Repair chips or cracks in teeth
- Cover up discoloration
- Make a tooth look larger than it is, which is usually done to make it match the other teeth
Questions about Dental Bonding? Contact our Manchester, CT Dentists Today!
Is dental bonding right for you? Call our Manchester, CT dental office at (860) 646-1535 or complete our online form to learn more about the dental bonding process.